CELLULAR BONE MATRIX
The SCYLLA™ cellular bone matrices are viable allogeneic bone allografts containing viable bone-derived cells. Each SCYLLA™ product contains the three key components that are ideal for bone formation:
An osteoconductive three-dimensional scaffold with cortical and cancellous components
A demineralized bone scaffold with osteoinductive potential, which provides exposure of signaling molecules and bone morphogenetic proteins1
Bone-derived cells to support osteogenic healing processes
Key Features of SCYLLA™ Product Line
- Three (3) unique scaffold blends for optimal handling characteristics: SCYLLA™, SCYLLA™ Moldable, SCYLLA™-F Moldable.
- Proprietary, optimized bone microparticulate size range of 100-300 μm.2
- Novel DMSO-free cryoprotectant, with no rinsing and decanting steps required prior to use.
- Average cell viability of the cell component exceeds 80% post-thaw.3
- Minimum of 150,000 viable cells per cc of allograft post-thaw.3
- Convenient handling and preparation in the OR, with total preparation time on the back table of less than 20 minutes.
- Four (4) hour working window for implantation after thaw without loss of cell viability.3
- Product shelf-life is two (2) years from date of processing when stored at -65°C or colder.
Gruskin, E., et al., Demineralized Bone Matrix in Bone Repair, History and Use. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2012. 64: 1063-1077.
Malinin, T.I., et al., Particulate Bone Allograft Incorporation In Regeneration of Osseous Defects; Importance of Particle Sizes. The Open Orthopaedics Journal, 2007. 1: p. 19-24.
Data on file at Vivex Biomedical, Inc.